Welcome to the Cisco Spark App
SpacesAll your work in the Cisco Spark app takes place within spaces. They display prominently so you can get to them whenever you need to. Your most recently active spaces are at the top. If anyone has added you to a new team or space, you'll see it here too.
Navigation MenuSwitch easily among your message, team, and call views. Messages appear by default, but your teams and recent calls are just a click away.
StatusIf you have some important work to finish or are on a call, let people know that you don't want to be disturbed: whether that's for a few minutes or an entire day is up to you.
FiltersFilter messages to see the ones that matter most to you.
- All—If you want to get a quick view of new spaces or most recently active spaces, just leave the filter set to All, and those messages appear at the top of the list.
- Unread—If you don't want to scroll through messages you've already read, set the filter to Unread.
- People and @Mentions—When you have limited time and just need to see who needs your attention, filter by People (your direct messages) or by @Mentions.
- Flags, Favorites, and Drafts—Filter by different types of saved content: content that you flagged to follow up on (Flags), draft messages that you started before you got pulled away (Drafts), and favorite spaces that you want to be able to find easily (Favorites).
MessagesMessages are where you chat with colleagues, have conversations, brainstorm ideas with your team, give status updates on projects, and more. We keep these messages secure so you can feel confident sharing your work ideas in Cisco Spark.
SearchSearch through the history of your conversations to find people you're talking to, rooms you're in, messages you received, and files you need. We've included a couple filters to help you narrow your search to specific people and spaces.
Activity MenuWhenever you're in a space, click the activity menu icon to get access to all the different activities you can do within the app:
- Message—send a message to just one person or to many people in a space.
- Call—place a call to anyone in the space.
- Meetings—create or attend a meeting.
- People—see who else is in the space.
- Files—find your shared files, photos, and whiteboard content.
- Whiteboard—create and share content on the whiteboard.
Did you find this article helpful?